General

What can we do to help your research?

Here you can suggest and vote on improvements for future Mendeley releases.

If you have a suggestion regarding a specific part of Mendeley, please use the links on the right hand side of the window to add your suggestion to the corresponding area.

If you are looking for help using Mendeley or encounter any problems, please visit our Support Forum

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Mac OSX High Sierra Support

Dear support team,

I have upgraded to Mac OS High Sierra and Mendeley is consuming a lot of the laptop power. The battery drops quick when Mendeley is open. Also, there are problems when I open the folder that I store my papers. Please release an update to fix it.

Thank you for making this wonderful product!

Boya

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adapting Mendeley desktop app for 4K Screens

Mendeley desktop currently does not work well with 4K screens; even with ratio scaling, the program runs too small to be usable. Either allow the program to scale properly, or make a higher resolution version.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. An Easy Way to Import EML to Outlook

Windows Live Mail to PST Converter is a professional utility to safely and completely convert Windows Live Mail mailboxes to separate Outlook PST files. One can easily import the PST files from Windows Live Mail. You can move all the mailbox folders to PST data. It can efficiently convert Windows Live mailbox to usable Outlook PST file.This utility Supports Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, 2000, NT, Xp, Windows Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2003.

Reference link - https://emltopstsoftware.wordpress.com/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PDF reader: sidebar and touch screen

The sidebar is pretty much unresponsive to touch. I can move the bar much more easily in Jupyter notebooks or Okular.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Title subscript and superscript

There needs to be an easy way to include subscripts and superscripts references, particularly titles. It is unacceptable that there is not a button or some easy method. Typing in the html is much too cumbersome if many documents need to be updated. Furthermore, the web-importer needs to be able to correctly import fonts like sub- and super-script.
    I will leave Mendeley if this is not fixed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My mendeley account is not downloading pdf files now? It is copying the reference only

My mendeley account is not downloading pdf files now? It is copying the reference only

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ost to pst converter

DataBaton Recovery Softwares are available with Free of Cost to Try before any purchase. Purchase License or full version of software with secure protection layer is available on its all websites. We Deliver Digital Electronic Delivery of our all products immediately with secured and password protected technology. All products are available with CHM file which is already attached into Software to guide through know how the software process and utilization.
    http://databaton.com/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How to Remove Excel Password?

If you want to remove excel password so we provide the best and highly recommended eSoftTools Excel Password Remover Software that easily recover excel file password by applying three wonderful techniques like- dictionary attacks, brute force attacks and password known attacks. you can use this program for unlocking any type of protection of excel file , access file or word documents file.

Read more :- http://www.excelpasswordremover.com/

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add speech system to read the papers

It would be more productive if you add speech system to read the content of papers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PLEASE ADD A WAY TO ORDER PAPER FOR FILE SIZE

PLEASE ADD A WAY TO ORDER PAPER FOR FILE SIZE

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. windows store

Make Mendeley available on the Windows 10 Store. This makes Mendeley available on devices running Windows 10 S, such as the Microsoft Surface Laptop. It also makes it much easier for users to install/uninstall/update Mendeley. Moving to the Windows Store should not be too complicated, as Microsoft provides a converter tool for traditional Win32 applications.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add multiple bibliographies for one document

I would like to add multiple bibliographies to one document in word. I have 5 chapters, and each needs it's own references section, which mendeley does not currently accomodate. Maybe make subset-able bibliographies based off word's built in section breaks?

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. SharePoint Server Recovery

SharePoint Server Recovery recovers damaged SharePoint database and create new MDF file that can be incorporated with SharePoint Server to make the website accessible. Read more information and free download this software, click here http://sharepointserverdatarecovery.blogspot.com

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increase Font Size

Mendeley must create options for increasing font size for details panel, "Documents" list, sidebars, and buttons. Seriously, this is a basic accessibility feature.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add manual definition of columns for highlighting

It would be great to be able to define column breaks in articles for the purposes of highlighting. Highlighting text (as opposed to the rectangle) is easier and more intuitive, but sometimes it doesn't recognize column breaks (especially if figures disrupt the flow). If we could specify the column layout, it would be even better than just using the rectangle tool.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. small pages images

Would be nice if it would be able to see the small pages images like when previewing pdf files in Adobe Acrobat or PDF-X Change Viewer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How to migrate our data from Google apps to outlook?

I am using Google apps, how to transfer emails from Google apps to PST format for Outlook. Please suggest any free tool?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. search engine optimization

The search engine is atrocious. Make it Boolean so that the search can be narrowed and the actually relevant results feature on the first page

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I believe in second chance

Why could my Husband not be loyal to me, respect me as his wife, love me and only me without breaking our marriage vows? My Husband’s behaviors caused me to think maybe we were not meant to be together. It hurts to the bone when your life partner turns against you, making you sad instead of being your motivator, always engaging you in constant argument and confusion with the kids. The worst is him being unfaithful, seeing other women is like stabbing you in the back. My better half caused me so much pain for over 2years and 4months, we…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base