I suggest you ...

to integrate Mendeley with Google Drive and Dropbox

I use Google Drive and Dropbox to store my files online and sync between devices, however Mendeley does not recognize that the PDF files in a Dropbox or Google Drive folder are the same in multiple devices. It would be great if it was smart enough to see that there are synchronized folders and allow the automatic insertion of new PDFs in thoses folders associated with specific folders in Mendeley`s "My Library".
For example, right now I'm writing a project and the PDFs are stored in a GDrive folder named "PDJ Project". This folder is synced between my personal laptop and my office laptop. The files are the same, but the Mendeley database, synced through my account, seems not to be able to recognize that those files are the same.
It would be a huge improvement in the system

542 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Artur FernandesArtur Fernandes shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jessica smithjessica smith commented  · 

After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or call him +2349055637784 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS'

• CALAYCA ANALYNCALAYCA ANALYN commented  · 

One of the easiest decision I have ever made was when I accepted to get married to a man I thought was my soul mate, my lover for 2years. He was the most handsome and honest man I have ever encountered, he was so kind, respectful to me and my entire family. He gave me the reason to spend my entire life with him. I enjoyed 3years of love and sweet romance as his wife before the devil came into our home, his ex-girlfriend worked voodoo on him, she made him show me the bad side of him and also caused our divorce. The most annoying part was when she tried to take my life spiritually and physically, fighting to ensure am thoroughly erased from my husband before she takes over. It was getting tensed till the extent that I couldn't sleep both day and night because she must be there to trouble me.
        To cut the story short, I used the only available options left which was to seek help from outside, i contact 3 different spell casters who fraud me before i came across Dr. Ken of {supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com}. Dr. Ken was the last option because every other sources failed and his love spell worked wonders after 3days which saw the evil lady flee from us with immediate effect, the divorce case was reconciled within days as well.
        Since after the spell, I finally knew how to treat wicked and jealous people and a whole new lot of things from Dr. Ken. Happiness and joy has been in abundance in my family for the past 8months after the love spell. Thanks to Dr. Ken’s love spell that works wonders. Here's his email address: supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com His website: supersolutionhome.webs.com also his phone number is +2348074433380.

• CALAYCA ANALYNCALAYCA ANALYN commented  · 

One of the easiest decision I have ever made was when I accepted to get married to a man I thought was my soul mate, my lover for 2years. He was the most handsome and honest man I have ever encountered, he was so kind, respectful to me and my entire family. He gave me the reason to spend my entire life with him. I enjoyed 3years of love and sweet romance as his wife before the devil came into our home, his ex-girlfriend worked voodoo on him, she made him show me the bad side of him and also caused our divorce. The most annoying part was when she tried to take my life spiritually and physically, fighting to ensure am thoroughly erased from my husband before she takes over. It was getting tensed till the extent that I couldn't sleep both day and night because she must be there to trouble me.
        To cut the story short, I used the only available options left which was to seek help from outside, i contact 3 different spell casters who fraud me before i came across Dr. Ken of {supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com}. Dr. Ken was the last option because every other sources failed and his love spell worked wonders after 3days which saw the evil lady flee from us with immediate effect, the divorce case was reconciled within days as well.
        Since after the spell, I finally knew how to treat wicked and jealous people and a whole new lot of things from Dr. Ken. Happiness and joy has been in abundance in my family for the past 8months after the love spell. Thanks to Dr. Ken’s love spell that works wonders. Here's his email address: supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com His website: supersolutionhome.webs.com also his phone number is +2348074433380.

• Kamil GeronimoKamil Geronimo commented  · 

This is, really, a request for a web/cloud enabled, fully-functioning, version of you Mendeley.

• Samia DutraSamia Dutra commented  · 

I liked Andrew Bennet and Marteen Rotman alternatives. Maybe mendeley can add on FAQ a step-by-step of what they are suggesting and post here the link that connects to that FAQ.

It would be a way to answer this need easily.

• Eric MeinhardtEric Meinhardt commented  · 

Hell yes. I barely tolerate Mendeley as a competent pdf library manager. Why on *Earth* would Mendeley think anyone trusts them to be a reliable cloud storage service? Cobbler, stick to thy last.

• Larry DaileyLarry Dailey commented  · 

This is, really, a request for a web/cloud enabled, fully-functioning, version of you Mendeley.

• Nachiket VartakNachiket Vartak commented  · 

The problem is that Mendeley will still store the files in its own cloud, while all we really want is for Mendeley store the library and all associated PDFs in a cloud service of our choosing.

• A OA O commented  · 

I think endnote allows you to do this.

• Peter CruickshankPeter Cruickshank commented  · 

This needs to allow for OneDrive etc folders being in different locations (eg between my work PC and home laptop)

• Andrew BennettAndrew Bennett commented  · 

I'm not sure this helps if you are using both Google Drive and Dropbox, but Dropbox and Mendeley work well together on my devices. What I've done is placed all my PDFs into one folder in Dropbox, and Mendeley now syncs with that folder. So all my PDFs are are on all three devices (through Dropbox) and all can be read in Mendeley.

• Maarten RotmanMaarten Rotman commented  · 

This already works for me in OneDrive.

I have my stored PDFs in a OneDrive folder that I called Mendeley. In the file organizer tab under Tools/Options, I refer the location as C:\Users\[xxx]\OneDrive\Mendeley (in which [xxx] is my different username for each computer where I have this set-up). Furthermore I ensure that the way Mendeley renames the files are always the same on each computer (i.e. checked "rename document files" and renames the Author Year Title "Hyphen-separated" (order and style must be the same everywhere too, of course)). This set-up works like a charm on all my devices (I have mendeley and OneDrive installed on my Win7 lab computer, my Win8.1 home desktop and my Win10 laptop).

I do have to say that in the beginning (I had this set-up on my home desk first, added the laptop a few months later) Mendeley tried to download some of the PDFs into the OneDrive folder (and added a (1) behind the file name). I think this is because OneDrive had not yet synced the folder on the laptop. This was a one time issue though. I stopped Mendeley, waited until all the files in OneDrive were synced, restarted Mendeley, waited until everything was synced in mendeley, then cleaned up the folder using "Tidy Up" (Tools/Options/File Organizer) --> Archive unused files --> delete Archived files. I now always wait until OneDrive synced everything onto whatever computer I am using and only after that I open Mendeley. No sync issues after that anymore.

Double check your "rename" settings and if they are identical, perhaps it is a Drive/Dropbox issue rather than a Mendeley one.

Feedback and Knowledge Base