General

What can we do to help your research?

Here you can suggest and vote on improvements for future Mendeley releases.

If you have a suggestion regarding a specific part of Mendeley, please use the links on the right hand side of the window to add your suggestion to the corresponding area.

If you are looking for help using Mendeley or encounter any problems, please visit our Support Forum

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Filter search

Filters in the search area.
    I get MANY results for seraching for one thing, but it would be nice to filter on book, pdf and so.
    filters should be: type, language, author and so .

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding "personal communication" to type of document choices

I've been looking for how to add "personal communication" to the citation. Is there any update related this current issue, as I've seen in other feedback forums? Thanks.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MBOX to PST Converter

Get perfect migration solution from OperaMail, Pocomail, Mozillamail, Spicebird, SeaMonkey, Mutt, ClawsMail, Entourage, Thunderbird, Turnpike, Apple Mail, Eudora, Mulberry, Netscape, Gnu Mail, Sylpheed, MailCopa, Berkeley, etc. email clienmt application to an Outlookj PST and some other popular file format using excellent MBOX to PST Converter recommendation. Get more information of this fast and easy tool from the link: https://goo.gl/2eh4HH

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. eml to pst converter

Utilize the best Regain EML to PST Converter software utility specially designed for those users who are looking for a reliable software that can convert easily EML file to PST format. This application is technically advanced and convert any types of EML file into PST format and well works on all MS Outlook version.

for more info:- http://www.emltopstsoftware.com/

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Convert OST to PST

Get solution of accessing Offline Folder File of Exchange Server into an Outlook which supports and used PST file format for storing messages, contacts, calenders, appointments, etc. You can do this easily when having requirement of OST data exportation in PST format using the like: http://goo.gl/Ryk6ZF

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MBOX Converter Tool

Outlook is a highly used mail client application that provides safe and secure communication platform to their worldwide user. But as we knows email migration is the common requirement that takes place from the various reasons.

Here is suggestion for MBOX File Conversion into Outlook PST and also some other file format like MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, etc. see more at: https://goo.gl/yYIlZa

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Research based Wordpress website

Kindly introduce a feature for people who are writing blog on their wordpress sites containing citation and bibliography or references. But they cannot copy a huge amount of data (i.e. references in citation style). I would be grateful if you could kindly add a new feature in mendeley to directly export the references to the wordpress [page edit] window. We would like to promote our research data as well as the Mendeley to our research community.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix your certificate

Your site is having certificate errors

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the ability to view all annotations in the web version of the PDF viewer

When reviewing a PDF, the desktop Mendeley clients allow users to view all existing annotations. In the web viewer, it seems annotations are only viewable by clicking through on each individual note. This makes it very hard to return to a document and quickly review notes or find specific content, without scrolling through the document and clicking on every single annotation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be nice to be able to have a quick 'notes' section on the chrome add on

It would be nice to be able to have a 'notes' section on the chrome add on, so that you can quickly add some notes about the article (why its important, who suggested it, your initial thoughts, ...) as you go to save it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need to improve text select function

Text select function in article viewer doesn't operate effectively in three main ways (i) sometimes can't select text at all (ii) only selects the header text regardless of where you try and highlight in the main body text (iii) after selecting text across more than one line it automatically highlights a large block of text to the end of the page. Please review and improve this function!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Avoid duplicate papers in groups

When sharing a paper with a group, it does not account for duplicates. Further, I cannot figure out how to remove duplicate papers from groups. Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sign in problems with web importer

I have problems in signing in with the web importer!!!
    Please help me!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Highlight from browser (Mendeley Importer)

When reading an article on the web that has been already added, allow to highlight or add notes from the Mendeley Importer extension (e.g., for the Google Chrome browser).

Sometimes it is more convenient to read on the web due to the richer interface from some journals, like citation hover-text and linking to references and related articles.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add the option to select folders when importing from the web

When adding a reference from the web, show the folder tree with checkboxes so that you can choose where to add it to.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How do you talk to a live person to resolve three problems from: no credit for upgrade; changed owner of forum and which plan is best for us

Why can't I talk to a live person? I have a number of problems that need resolution and I don't have hours to comb through all this stuff.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 'Select all' button

Good afternoon, everyone!
    First, I'd like to say that Mendeley is one of the best citation managers that I've already tried - and amongst those that I'd been testing are almost everyone available at the market, such as Zotero, Readcube, Endnote, Paperpile, F1000, Papers, Citavi, EasyBib, EazyPaper, RefMe, Cite This for Me, Questia and Colwiz.
    Next, I'd like to suggest that a 'select all' box could be placed at the top of each page, on an advanced search results page, to make things fast when one needs to select all the references at once. Really, the 'select all' button would…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it easier to tag (one click)

Make tags more prominent (one click). Tags are more useful than folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base