General

What can we do to help your research?

Here you can suggest and vote on improvements for future Mendeley releases.

If you have a suggestion regarding a specific part of Mendeley, please use the links on the right hand side of the window to add your suggestion to the corresponding area.

If you are looking for help using Mendeley or encounter any problems, please visit our Support Forum

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Icons too small on 4k display (windows 10)

When using Mendeley on Windows 10 with 4k display, icons are so small, I cannot even make out what they are.

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    25 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make it possible to turn the automatic bibliiography updates off.

I cannot make changes to the bibliography that stay there. Very annoying. It constantly updates. Great while in the middle of writing, but annoying to get all the fiddly bits right. Please make it possible to only update when desired, or like you have for the citations within the text, allow a manual edit of each reference in the bibliography.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. reference style for Acta Physiologica

Hi, I am looking for Mendeley reference style for Acta Physiologica. I cant find it in Mendelely libraries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. please revise the metadata for citing cases. It´s been asked 7 years ago and still no development.

Please, half of my citations are outside Mendeley because I can´t save them using the Metadata fields provided for this category. Please fix this!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mendeley cannot reconnect to the internet after sleep and change in wifi

Occasionally, despite having internet Mendeley cannot sync with the server stating that there is no internet connection. This usually happens after my laptop is in the sleep state. I also change the wifi network occasionally (home/work).

"There was a problem connecting to mendeley.com to sync your library: Network access is disabled."

There is no clear pattern as to how this begins, because very often it works just fine. Once broke I have to restart mendeley to reconnect to the internet.

Will be happy to provide logs if you tell me where they are.

Arch opearting system.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. small pages images

Would be nice if it would be able to see the small pages images like when previewing pdf files in Adobe Acrobat or PDF-X Change Viewer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be helpful if we have different ways to mark files. For example instead of one yellow star for favorite files, we can have more col

It would be helpful if we have different ways to mark files. For example instead of one yellow star for favorite files, we can have more colours for this start. Or, allow to colour the file name on the list or its row, something like that.

204 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    209 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. mutiple way to ost to pst conversion

To recover corrupted OST database, you just need to create a new copy of your OST file from Exchange server. For this, follow given below steps:
    (First Method)

1. Exit Outlook.
    2. In Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.
    Where is Mail in Control Panel?
    Mail appears in different Control Panel locations depending upon the version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, Control Panel view selected, and whether a 32- or 64-bit operating system or version of Outlook 2010 is installed.
    The easiest way to locate Mail is to open Control Panel in Windows, and then in the Search box…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. To enable auto-sync on Desktop client

Based on user decision with options like 1, 5, 10, 15 minutes. ;)

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    124 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. CSV Export - Bibliometrics - Meta-Analysis

Mendeley should support exporting to facilitate bibliometrics and literature review analysis.

If we need other reference manager like Jabref why don't we use direct it?

I'm requesting this because I've developed a method called SystematicSearchFlow to make Literature research with meta-analysis and bibliometrics, and the exporting data in CSV to a spread sheet is fundamental to make the analysis and synthesis.

Also I've developed a guide to do so with EndNote:
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/266383560_Systematic_Review_and_Bibliometrics_A_Step-by-step_Guide_Using_the_EndNoteR_tool

I'm creating one guide to Mendeley and this functionality is one of the futures that is missing and could boost Mendeley use.

Hello Mendeley Developers! Please make a…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    81 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide an option (or button) to switch between 'Last Name' and 'First Name' value.

Please Provide an option (or button) to switch between 'Last Name' and 'First Name' value. because it is wrong for RTL Languages, usually.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the desktop PC program touch screen-friendly!

Please add the ability to pinch to zoom and pan/scroll using the touchscreen in the desktop version. This is especially needed to enhance the ability to read PDFs if in Tablet mode on a 2-in-1 but would also make it easier to use the Library screen in tablet mode. Touch-screen Windows devices are here to stay so please bring this program up to date with the technology.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Citiation Hover-Over

Often when reading a paper, I want to know the title, etc of a citation as I am reading. When these are hyperlinked, I can click, but it shoots me down to the end of the paper and I have to manually scroll back and find where I was... it would be awesome if when I click a citation, a little box would pop up and display the info.

279 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please fix formatting of application for Windows Surface Pro - buttons are shrunk, format could be better, etc.

Please fix formatting of application for Windows Surface Pro - buttons are shrunk, some text is small and hard to read, format could be better, etc.

321 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    94 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save the open tabs

I think it would be great if Mendeley allows to save the open tabs, so next time I open Mendeley, it will open as it was the last time I used it (as in Chrome browser). Thanks

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enhance the sorting functions after search is complete

If you search using Author Keywords the display format remains in whatever mode you have selected and you can click on any column to sort by that column. However when you search using the Search box in upper right the display format changes to something that is neither citation nor table format. You can click on view to reset it (which is a wasted keystroke), but once you do it will not sort when you click on column headings.

Another drawback is that if you search by Author Keyword the bottom of the screen automatically displays XX of XXX documents…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Highlighting color preference

Make it so that a person can make a particular highlight color their default. This is great for people who are partially colorblind.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Side by side page view

I know this request has been turned down numerously, but please think as now there are no more 14inch monitors, people use big screens for increasing readability please invoke side by side page view feature, as on big screens scrolling down becomes hectic for every page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. provide separate package and repository .deb packages

Could you please remove the /opt/mendeleydesktop/apt/setup-apt-repository.py from the postinst script from the package? This is just annoying when you are behind a firewall.
    Instead you could provide a .deb package that only configures the online repository and a package with a full download, without the repository configuration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PHone number to contact Mendeley

Please, i and my company are having problems with Mendeley since november and no action was taken.

The owner of the account left the company and i asked Mendeley to change the email of the accounts owner. Since that, all our articles were deleted and the account.

Now Mendeley is saying that I did not have an account.

It is taken a long time for Mendeley to answer and I really wanted a phone to call you.

thank you
    Mariana

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base